Friday 24 June 2011

Demonic Monologue

Why can't you see
that you'll never be anything
without me?
You're the only thing
holding you back,
it's you -
you are the problem,
you're lazy and sluggish
and simply won't do as I tell you.
Don't you want to improve?
Don't you think you could do so much better than this?
Have you no ambition? No sense of direction?
Just look at you.
You call this a life? For God's sake, what's wrong with you?
Is there no limit to your laziness?
Just get a grip. Get in control.
What are you eating that for? Come on, spit it out.
Is that all the exercise you can manage today? That's pretty pathetic.
Don't you dare tell me to be quiet, idiot. You can't shut me out,
I'm your friend,
your one and only.
You can't ignore me. I'm always here
for you when you're lonely.
I'm the only one who can help you shut out pain
when everything feels totally in vain.
You know I only want the best from you. If only you'd understand. I just need you
to be perfect. Is that really so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment